Although most test and investigative services are fully comprehensive, they can be enhanced by the provision of forensics of the leaks, coupled with consultancy services based on over 30 years experience in all manner of construction, for example:
- The leak problems are complex and/ or varied
- Construction or build-up is not as expected
- Testing is deemed impractical
- Site location is remote or considerable distance from base
- Litigation or arbitration might be involved
Under such circumstances, such a visit can iron out problems or provide pointers for the client’s own investigation.
Once a leak point has been indicated within a structural element – eg cavity walls, services, glazing – again, advisory services may be more practical in bringing the investigation to a conclusion.
Finally, we can advise on remedial measures to different building elements, preparing specifications and supervisory input where necessary.